29 June 2020 - The Civil Service Commission Central Office (CSC CO) based in Batasan Hills, Quezon City has launched a web-based application that allows its clients to schedule an appointment for its records management services.
Effective 6 July 2020, CSC CO clients can book an appointment through the Online Registration, Appointment, and Scheduling System (ORAS) to request for certification and/or authentication, or certified true copy, of the following records on file at the CSC CO:
- Career Service (Professional and Subprofessional) Eligibility
- Civil Service Eligibility Granted under Special Laws and CSC Issuance
- CSC Issuance (e.g. Memorandum Circular, Resolution, Decision)
- Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth (SALN) (for CY 2010 to CY 2018)
- Employee Record (e.g. Appointment Paper for those who were assigned in agencies under the jurisdiction of the National Capital Region and Regional Office No. IV (Southern Tagalog) from CY 1980 to CY 1989, Statement of Service Record of former Civil Service Commission employees, Service Card in various agencies from CY 1930 to CY 1989).
It emphasized that transactions for the abovementioned services must go through ORAS; thus, no walk-in clients shall be entertained.
To use ORAS, a client must follow these steps:
- Register or sign up at https://services.csc.gov.ph using any web-connected device such as a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- Log-in to your account and click the link provided for the instructions on how to use the system; and
- Select and confirm your appointment date and time.
The CSC said the launch of ORAS is in line with measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease-2019 or COVID-19, specifically by managing the flow of clients and reducing their waiting time.
A number of CSC Regional Offices are also using online scheduling applications as part of public health standards against the COVID-19 pandemic. In an earlier announcement, the CSC has advised its clients to coordinate first with the CSC Regional/Field/Central Office offering the service they wish to avail, to know the possible modes of transaction as well as the health protocols being implemented in the office.
The directory of CSC offices nationwide is available at www.csc.gov.ph/cscrod.